In a savory muffin, water is your enemy - do all you can to get as much water OUT of your veggies as possible
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Cut your broccoli, carrot and cauliflower in small pieces, put them in a bowl, mix with a tablespoon of salt. Let the salt draw out the water from the vegetables for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze out the juice from the broccoli, carrot and cauliflower, either with your hands or a cheesecloth.
- Sprinkle a bit of flaky salt, chia seeds on top before eating
- Mix your dry ingredients: Baking powder and flour
- Make your chia seeds egg: Mix your chia seeds with water at a ratio 1:3
- Mix your wet ingredients in a bowl: almond milk, chia seeds, vegetable oil and vegetable stock
- Gently blend the above wet ingredients into the above dry ingredients (not the other way around)
- Prepare dough for the oven: SUPER gently and imperfectly mix the broccoli, carrot and cauliflower into the dough.
- Distribute a thin layer of butter or vegetable oil in each tin in your muffin tray, to prevent the sponge from sticking to the sides during cooking. Then distribute the dough in the tins.
- Bake your 'dough' as muffins for about 30 minutes at 200 C. It is done when you can put a toothpick into the muffins, and it comes out without dough on.