The longer you leave the casserole uncovered, the crispier the top will become.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your potatoes. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your basil, bell pepper, carrot and onion.
- Grate or slice your vegan cheese.
- Boil lentils according to instructions on package. Save about a 1/4 cup of the starchy water when draining.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add carrot and onion, oregano and smoked paprika and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Potatoes to your pan and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Bell Pepper and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Turn off the heat, and add canned tomatoes to your pan and mix.
- Add your starchy water to the frying pan and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked lentils to your pan and mix evenly.
- Spread your ingredients evenly into a casserole dish.
- Add vegan cheese on top. For the best result, add breadcrumbs on top of the cheese.
- Cover your casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Add Basil, Flax Seeds and Pickles on top.