Borscht is traditionally a sour soup, so make it as sour as you see fit.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your beets, carrot and potatoes as needed, so that they can fit through the lid opening (approximately 2-3 cm pieces).
- Place oil and carrot, garlic and onion in mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula then sauté 6 min/120°C/speed 1.
- Add your beets, cumin, potatoes and tomato paste to the mixing bowl.
- Add stock then cook 25 min/100°C/reverse/speed 1.
- While soup is cooking, boil your eggs for 10-12 minutes in a separate pot, let cool then peel. Slice evenly and set aside to use as your topping.
- Toast cashews on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add balsamic vinegar and mix 45 sec/speed 2.
- Add Cashews and Garlic on top.
- Hints & Tips:
-If using beans or other legumes, make sure to use the canned variety.