A Daal can be enjoyed on it's own, or with a side of your favorite grains.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your sweet potato and turnip. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your garlic.
- Cut and squeeze your lime so you can use the juice later.
- Toast almonds and pumpkin seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add garlic, curry powder and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add Sweet Potato and fry for 15 minutes.Finally, add Turnip and fry for 15 more minutes.
- Boil brown rice according to instructions on package.
- Add canned tomatoes, honey and lentils and mix.
- Add vegetables stock or water and simmer for about 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender and legumes are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add coconut milk and mix, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add Almonds and Pumpkin Seeds on top.