If you're not planning on using grated cheese on top, add a bit of the sauce to the top layer to avoid burning the pasta.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your potatoes. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Wash and cut your Mushrooms and tomatoes so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your celery stalk, garlic and onion.
- Grate or slice your cheddar cheese.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Boil lasagna sheets according to instructions on package. Save about a 1/4 cup of the starchy water when draining.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add celery stalk, garlic and onion, italian seasoning and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Potatoes to your pan and fry for 15 minutes.Then add Mushrooms and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Tomatoes and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and lemon to your pan and mix.
- Add your starchy water to the frying pan and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lightly cover the bottom of your oven dish with a thin layer of your vegetable sauce. Then place a layer of lasagna sheets on top.
- Place about 1/3 of your vegetable sauce on top and cover with lasagna sheets, repeating once more. Finally put the remainder of your vegetable sauce on top of the last layer of lasagna sheets.
- Add cheddar cheese on top.
- Cover your lasagna with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.