If your sauce still requires some thickening after adding pasta water, try mixing in a bit of flour or potato starch!
White Wine Vinegar
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your broccoli so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Grate or slice your Cheddar Cheese.
- Finely chop your leeks and shallots.
- Toast pinenuts on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the package and save about a 1/4 cup of the pasta water when draining.
- Heat oil in a pan and add leeks and shallots, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Broccoli to your pan and fry for 15 minutes.
- Mix cream, Milk and white wine vinegar together in a bowl, then pour into your pan.
- Add the pasta water to your frying pan and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your cooked pasta to your pan and mix evenly.
- Add Cheddar Cheese and Pinenuts on top.