Borscht is traditionally a sour soup, so make it as sour as you see fit.
White Wine Vinegar
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your beetroot. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Wash and cut your dried apricots and Mushrooms so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your spring onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add Beetroot and Mushrooms and fry for 15 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix.
- Add your vegetable stock to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add white wine vinegar and mix.
- Add Dried Apricots, Pita Bread, Spring Onion and Watercress on top.