Borscht is traditionally a sour soup, so make it as sour as you see fit.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your beetroot and potatoes. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Wash and cut your tomatoes so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your dill, garlic and onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add garlic and onion, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add Potatoes and fry for 15 minutes.Then add Beetroot, fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Tomatoes and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add your vegetable stock to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast almonds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add balsamic vinegar and cream and mix.
- Add Almonds and Dill on top.