Stews gain even more flavor when kept in the fridge overnight so don't worry if you can't finish it all.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your butternut squash. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your garlic and onion.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Boil rice according to instructions on package.
- Heat oil in a pot and add garlic and onion, curry powder and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat oil in a pot, add Butternut Squash and fry for 5 minutes.Finally, add Chickpeas and fry for 15 more minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and mix.
- Add vegetables stock or water to your pot and simmer for about 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Make sure to stir occasionally, so it doesn't burn. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast almonds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add coconut milk and lemon and mix, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve your stew with rice on the side.
- Add Almonds on top.