Miso is responsible for the deep umami flavor of this soup, don't shy away from adding more.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your shiitake mushrooms so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your carrot, celery stalk, chili pepper, onion and spring onion.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Heat butter in a pot and add carrot, celery stalk, chili pepper and onion, and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat butter in a pot, add Shiitake Mushrooms and fry for 15 minutes.
- Add miso and soy sauce and mix.
- Add your vegetable stock to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast sesame seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add lemon and mix.
- Add Sesame Seeds and Spring Onion on top.