The longer you leave the casserole uncovered, the crispier the top will become.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your broccoli so that they all are a similar size.
- Finely chop your carrot and spring onion.
- Grate or slice your mozzarella.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Boil rice according to instructions on package. Save about a 1/4 cup of the starchy water when draining.
- Toast sesame seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and add Carrot, and fry for 5 minutes.Finally, add Broccoli and Corn and fry for 10 extra minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Lower the heat, add lemon and sesame oil to your pan and mix.
- Add your starchy water to the frying pan and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice to your pan and mix evenly.
- Spread your ingredients evenly into a casserole dish.
- Add mozzarella on top. For the best result, add breadcrumbs on top of the cheese.
- Cover your casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Add Sesame Seeds and Spring Onion on top.