View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your eggplant, green beans and summer squash so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Boil rice according to instructions on package. Save about a ½ cup of the starchy water when draining.
- Toast walnuts on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add onion, italian seasoning and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add Eggplant and Summer Squash and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Green Beans and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce together in a bowl, then pour into your pan.
- Add your starchy water to the frying pan to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cooked rice to your pan and mix evenly.
- Spread your ingredients evenly into a casserole dish.
- Cover your casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Add Black Olives and Walnuts on top.