The longer you leave the casserole uncovered, the crispier the top will become.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your sweet potato. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Wash and cut your mushrooms and zucchini so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Toast walnuts on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic, ginger and onion, cinnamon and oregano and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Mushrooms, Sweet Potato and Zucchini to your pan and fry for 10 minutes.Finally, add Spinach and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Mix balsamic vinegar and tomato sauce together in a bowl, then pour into your pan.
- Add your starchy water to the frying pan and bring to a boil to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread your ingredients evenly into a casserole dish.
- Cover your casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Uncover for the last 10 minutes.
- Add Nutritional Yeast and Walnuts on top.