If your sauce still requires some thickening after adding pasta water, try mixing in a bit of flour or potato starch!
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your cremini mushrooms so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Grate or slice your Mozzarella.
- Slice your avocado into even pieces.
- Toast sunflower seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Boil pasta according to the instructions on the package and save about a ½ cup of the pasta water when draining.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic and shallots, thyme and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add Cremini Mushrooms and fry for 15 minutes.
- Mix almond milk and balsamic vinegar together in a bowl, then pour into your pan.
- Add the pasta water to your frying pan to thicken the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add your cooked pasta to your pan and mix evenly.
- Add Avocado, Mozzarella and Sunflower Seeds on top.