It's important to knead your dough into a smooth consistency to make sure all the flour proteins create bonds.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- In a bowl, combine the active yeast, sugar and water. Let stand until the mixture foams on top, about 5 minutes. Make sure to use luke-warm water.
- Stir in flour, olive oil and salt and mix well.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead for a few minutes on a floured surface to prevent sticking.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a clean cloth. Let the dough rise for about 30 minutes in warm and draft-free area. Cut the dough in half.
- This recipe will make two pizzas, use 1 half of the dough immediately. The other half can be refrigerated (for less than 48 hours), otherwise place it in an airtight bag and freezer.
- Transfer dough to a lightly greased pizza pan or baking sheet. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 200°C (400°F), or until golden brown.