Enjoy your moussaka, you may even like it more than lasagna!
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Cut your sweet potato into 1-2 cm (1") thick slices.
- Wash and cut your Mushrooms and tomatoes so that they all are a similar size.
- Finely chop your cilantro and onion.
- Grate or slice your mozzarella.
- Fry your sweet potato slices in an oiled pan until they get lightly golden brown on each side then set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion, and fry at a lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Mushrooms to your pan and fry for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.Finally, add Spinach and Tomatoes and fry for 5 extra minutes.
- Lower the heat, add canned tomatoes, cottage cheese, peanut butter and yogurt to your pan and mix.
- Lightly cover the bottom of your oven dish with a thin layer of your vegetable sauce from the above steps. Then place a layer of your fried vegetable slices on top.
- Place about 1/3 of your vegetable sauce on top and cover with another layer of your fried vegetables slices. Finally top your dish with a final layer of vegetable sauce.
- Add mozzarella on top.
- Cover your Moussaka with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200°C (400°F) for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Toast pumpkin seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add Cilantro and Pumpkin Seeds on top.