Soups taste better after resting in the fridge, so don't worry about finishing it all today.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Wash and cut your brussels sprouts, tomatoes and zucchini so that they all have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your spring onion.
- Boil barley according to instructions on package.
- Heat oil in a pot and add red onion, smoked paprika and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Turn up the heat to medium and add Brussels Sprouts to your pot and fry for 15 minutes.Then add Corn and Zucchini and fry 10 minutes.Finally, add Tomatoes and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and mix.
- Add your vegetable stock to the pot and simmer for about 15 minutes or until all vegetables are tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toast pinenuts on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Add balsamic vinegar and pesto and mix.
- Add your barley to the soup and mix.
- Add Pinenuts and Spring Onion on top.