In a savory muffin, water is your enemy - do all you can to get as much water OUT of your veggies as possible
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Cut your broccoli and brussels sprouts in small pieces, put them in a bowl, mix with a tablespoon of salt. Let the salt draw out the water from the vegetables for 5-10 minutes.
- Dice your cherry tomatoes in very small similar sizes.
- Squeeze out the juice from the broccoli and brussels sprouts, either with your hands or a cheesecloth.
- Mix your dry ingredients: Baking powder and flour
- Make your flax seeds egg: Mix your flax seeds with water at a ratio 1:3
- Mix your wet ingredients in a bowl: flax seeds, milk and vegetable oil
- Gently blend the above wet ingredients into the above dry ingredients (not the other way around)
- Prepare dough for the oven: SUPER gently and imperfectly mix the broccoli, brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomato into the dough.
- Distribute a thin layer of butter or vegetable oil in each tin in your muffin tray, to prevent the sponge from sticking to the sides during cooking. Then distribute the dough in the tins.
- Bake your 'dough' as muffins for about 30 minutes at 200 C. It is done when you can put a toothpick into the muffins, and it comes out without dough on.