A Daal can be enjoyed on it's own, or with a side of your favorite grains.
View recipe in app to see recipe nutrition (find app below).
- Peel and cut your potatoes. All ingredients should have a similar size and shape.
- Finely chop your carrot, garlic and onion.
- Cut and squeeze your lemon so you can use the juice later.
- Toast cashews and sunflower seeds on a hot and dry pan for a few minutes. Then remove from pan and set aside to use as a topping later.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and add carrot and onion, chili powder, cumin, garlic and paprika and fry at lower temperature for several minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a pot, add Potatoes and fry for 25 minutes.Finally, add Spinach and fry for 5 more minutes.
- Add canned tomatoes and lentils and mix.
- Add vegetables stock or water and simmer for about 25 minutes or until all vegetables are tender and legumes are cooked. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon and mix, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Add Cashews and Sunflower Seeds on top.